Addition / Remodel Project Guide
MOST OF OUR PLANS ARE CUSTOM !!!!
We have spent years working with customers on designing their homes. It typically takes us 3 to 4 meetings to design most homes that are under 3500 square feet. The bigger homes, of course, take more time.
If you are interested in purchasing a stock plan or having a custom house plan draw from scratch give us a call today.. 501-291-3228
Standard Design Process
Step 1 – Initial Meeting
- Customer and Designer meet and fill out the Service Contract.
- Designer creates job # for Customer and gets Customer contact information.
- Designer gathers information from customer about layout and wanted rooms and
function of the house. Customer gives Designer a budget of Sq Ft to work with.
- Designer gives Customer homework to work on. Typically – wants on materials and
style for front elevation, feature rooms. Set appointment for 2nd meeting
Step 2 – Second Meeting
- Designer shows customer a rough draft of Floor plan. – This should be a rough Cad drawing
showing room placement, door placement, typically sizes of main rooms and total heat/cool Sq Footage
- Customer and Designer discuss changes to be made to Floor Plan. If necessary, they can
work at a CAD station to layout difficult rooms like; bathrooms, kitchens and sometimes Game rooms.
- Customer’s homework of compiling likes and wants for the exterior of the
house is reviewed. Discuss windows wanted throughout the house.
- Customer is to approve Floor Plan layout for Designer to create Front Elevation.
- Set appointment for 3rd meeting
Step 3 – Final Design Meeting and Final Invoice
- Designer shows Customer final Floor Plan and concept for Elevations.
- Customer is to approve with changes final Floor Plan and Front Elevation.
- Designer to schedule Final Review of plans by Customer.
- After meeting, MPS staff is responsible for making a set of construction prints for Final Review by Customer.
- Final Invoice will be created for Customer. Final Invoice to be paid before Construction Prints are started.
Step 4 – Construction Set Review
- Customer to review full construction set of drawings.
- Minor changes can be made at this time.
- Designer to get approval from Customer and make final changes,
print and send off for copies. Set time for Pick-up
Step 5 –Pick up Prints and Start Building